Saturday 31 March 2012

A mothers work..... MEME


I've been tagged by the lovely MishMashMummy in this Meme! Love this Meme as I enjoy reading about what everyone was up to before their lives changed forever!!

Rules:
Please post the rules.
Answer the questions in as much or as little detail as suits you.
Leave a comment on mother.wife.me so we can keep track of the meme.
Tag 3 people and link to them on your blog.
Let them know you tagged them.
Tweet loudly about taking part #amothersworkmeme.
Questions:
1.  Did you work before becoming a mum?
Yes, and I still do. I'm just on maternity leave at the moment. I work for a major Law Firm in the North West as a Paralegal/Legal Excutive. Basically, for those that don't know what one of those is, I do exactly the same job as a Solicitor only I don't earn as much money as I have one more year long course to do in order to gain the job title (and the extra $$$$!!). I done my degree part time over five years with a full time and a part time job.
2.  What is your current situation?
I found out I was pregnant just after leaving my old Firm (where I was for five years) and joining another one. Damnit! Therefore I was not entitled to Maternity pay and whereas if I'd have stayed where I was I would of gotten full pay for six months and half pay for a further three. Boohoo. I've been on Maternity leave since 1st September of last year and it's not been decided when I will return to work as of yet. At present, we are staying with my mother (the BF, the LO and I) and are in the process of buying our first home together; which by the way needs completely gutting. Not a thing can be salvaged as it's in that much of a state! Anyhoo. I'm in turmoil at the moment over going back to work; whilst I want an element of normality back in my life I don't want to go back full time and miss out on watching my daughter grow up. Hopefully I'll be able to find a happy medium as nursery fees by us are almost the same amount as my pay!! Ridiculous!
3.  Freestyle – got your own point you’d like to get across on this issue? Here’s your chance… 


I'm with MishMashMum on this one!! Childcare in the country sucks. It's too bloody expensive. How the hell do the government work things out? I don't get it!! Maternity leave is for no longer than twelve months; yet free childcare doesn't start until the child is three years old. What exactly are we to do with our children for those two years, then?


Im not looking forward to my little girl starting school because  she's going to have to go to a breakfast and after school club. I won't get to drop her off and pick her up; my hours simply won't allow for it!


Ok so I tag....


From Slummy to Yummy Mummy


The Crumby Mummy


What a Difference a Day Makes


Go!!


xx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely blog hun, I'm your newest follower! Head over to mine to check it out if you want to!x
    www.atwentysomethingmum.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chloe! Don't have many of them at the moment ;-) I have checked yours out chick I love it!! Following you on bloglovin so I don't mis a post :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Repeat - the disappearing blog!:
    Thanks ‘Art Attack Tuesdays’ for your email reply 15 June 2012 22:37:34. You are obviously attending the same art course/sessions as my friend since January - MESSY LITTLE FINGERS - two classes available every Tuesday at Darlington Arts Centre – and from 10th July moving to The Forum Music Centre Darlington. I have logged on – looks good.
    Said to be fantastic with great ideas.

    ReplyDelete